Saturday, June 16, 2007

Reading on the Plane

School is out, ending, as it always does, abruptly and with many loose ends. At least this year we didn't have to pack up the entire collection for a move.

This morning I finished the last of the Earthsea series, The Other Wind. Oh how I love these books. I will probably read them again before too long, a common practice for Lindi, but not for me.

Right now I am faced with what reading material to bring with me on my very long flight to Ethiopia. Lindi has insisted that I bring a Jane Austen, and I have chosen Emma. I also have Cynthia Voigt's Jackaroo. I think I'll bring The Chalice and the Blade, something I've been wanting to read but am too fidgety to commit to. Sitting in the confines of a coach airplane seat for 15 or so hours will probably do the trick. However, I'll also have plenty of knitting to distract me, and reading or knitting is always a hard choice for me.

No comments: